Car Insurance for Two Days Only
Need auto insurance for 2 days? The national average rate of auto insurance is between $92.67/mo. and $118/mo., or about $4 a day. There are many reasons you might need an auto insurance quote for two days, including borrowing a car from a friend for the weekend. Read on to learn how to get affordable car insurance for two days and decide if it's time for you to buy two-day car insurance.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jul 15, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident auto insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one auto insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider. Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- People who borrow vehicles for a day or two now have solid insurance options
- Choosing coverages carefully can provide short-term drivers with effective protection
- Comparison shopping is an easy way to save significant amounts of cash on car insurance
Getting an auto insurance quote for two days is possible, but not all companies offer short-term coverage. Learn how to get a car insurance quote for 2 days and what coverages are required.
Situations you’ll want to look for two-day car insurance quotes can include: Borrowing a friend’s car when moving to new accommodations, using a car-sharing service, taking a driving test, transporting a vehicle from one place to another.
The common theme in all of these situations is the need for whoever is driving the vehicle to have some type of insurance coverage.
Luckily, many modern insurance firms recognize this trend and have provided options for people who may need two-day insurance on a car.
This article will take a closer look at the subject of short-term car insurance, and provide readers with information that will help them to choose the right policy by comparison shopping.
Enter your ZIP to find the cheapest car insurance rates, whether you need a standard policy or two-day car insurance. Start getting car insurance quotes today.
Mandatory Coverages That Comparison Shoppers Can Save On
These coverages are required by law in just about every state or jurisdiction and include bodily injury liability and property damage liability.
- Property damage liability – coverage pays for any damage caused by policyholders to the vehicles or property of others.
- Bodily injury liability – covers costs that are associated with injuries caused by the vehicle of the policyholder during an accident.
- Personal Injury Protection – Also known as PIP, this kind of coverage pays for the medical care of the driver and passengers of the insured vehicle.
Even if you are looking for car insurance for two days, you will still need to meet the state requirements. Temporary auto insurance will offer you the coverage you need, if only for a couple of days.
What does two-day car insurance cost?
The average cost of short-term car insurance is about $10 a day. Standard policies are less expensive if you need auto insurance long-term.
Take a look at this table to see what the average cost of car insurance is for different types of coverages.
|Companies||Average Annual Auto Insurance Rates for High Coverage||Average Annual Auto Insurance Rates for Low Coverage||Average Annual Auto Insurance Rates for Medium Coverage|
Get Your Rates Quote Now
Whether you are looking for two-day car insurance coverage or a standard policy, the exact coverage options you need will be up to you for your situation.
What optional coverages should auto insurance shoppers consider?
Since there are most likely car insurance requirements in your state, drivers must have certain forms of insurance coverage. Many other insurance options are left at the discretion of the insurance shopper.
While optional coverages aren’t necessarily required, many of these options are smart for short-term drivers to have.
Included in this list of common non-mandatory coverages are collision, comprehensive, and glass coverages.
These are common coverages offered:
- Glass coverage – covers any damages to the windows of insured vehicles.
- Comprehensive insurance – takes care of any damages that may be caused by non-collisions. These can include vandalism, storms, fires, and the like.
- Collision coverage – pays for damages sustained by the vehicle of the policyholder in the event of a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Uninsured motorist – coverage pays for costs incurred if policyholders get in accidents with uninsured drivers.
- Underinsured motorist – coverage makes up the difference in cases where the at-fault driver has insufficient coverage limits.
- Loss Damage Waivers – These LDW’s are special additions that work to protect those who borrow or rent a vehicle if the car in question is stolen or damaged when in their custody.
- Personal effects plans – These coverage plans pay for any personal property that may be lost if a car that is being rented or borrowed is broken into.
Watch this video to learn more about the types of coverage that are available.
Uninsured and underinsured driver coverages can be either mandatory or non-mandatory, depending on the jurisdiction.
What are the numbers associated with auto insurance limits?
Whether individuals are shopping for mandatory or elective insurance, it pays dividends to understand what coverage limit numbers signify.
One way to do this is to remember that insurance policies usually include a maximum group loss amount and a personal loss amount.
An example would be a liability policy that offers 150/400/75 coverage.
The first number means that each individual would have $150,000 worth of bodily liability coverage.
The second number means that the total bodily liability coverage per accident would be $400,000, and the third means that there would be $75,000 worth of property liability coverage per accident.
Understanding how these figures work can go a long way towards helping those who are comparison shopping to make better purchasing decisions.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Ways to Save Money When Using Short-Term Insurance
While short-term insurance may sometimes be a little more expensive than longer-term policies, there are some easy methods that savvy auto insurance shoppers can use to reduce their overall bills.
The following items are examples of some discounts commonly offered to insurance customers.
- Bundling – This technique involves buying insurance coverage for different things from the same company. An individual could purchase home, life, and auto insurance from the same company, saving a little bit on each kind of policy along the way.
- Safe vehicle discounts – If the vehicle that will be driven has modern car safety features such as anti-lock brakes or anti-theft systems, such a car will often qualify for a discount.
- Safe driver discounts – If the driver of a given vehicle has an outstanding safety record, they will often qualify for lower rates.
- Comparison shopping – Individuals can often save large amounts of cash by comparing the policies of various insurance providers.
By using the services of a comparison shopping site, customers can quickly and easily compare the offerings of hundreds of insurance companies, and save large amounts of effort, time, and cash along the way.
Drivers may need to borrow vehicles for very short periods from time to time, and there is a lot to consider when seeking coverage for such vehicles.
That being said, individuals who apply the lessons from this article will be positioning themselves not only for safe passage but for significant savings.
Ready to buy two-day car insurance? Comparison shop today for two-day car insurance rates by using our free tool. Enter your ZIP to get cheap two-day insurance quotes.