How to Get an Auto Insurance Quote Without Sharing Personal Information
You can get free and anonymous auto insurance quotes using an insurance comparison tool so long as you provide accurate information.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: May 18, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident auto insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one auto insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider. Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- The laws governing the use of personal information by insurance companies vary from one state to another
- You can obtain auto insurance quotes without sharing personal information using online comparison tools
- To get the best car insurance quotes, you need to provide the most accurate information possible without oversharing
Getting insurance is required if you want to drive in most states. What if you prefer to get a quick car insurance quote without sharing your personal information? Can you do that and still end up with an accurate rate? Yes, you can. However, you need to know how to do so.
Why You Need Anonymous Auto Insurance Quotes
Identity theft is a serious concern right now for most people. In 2020, about 47% of Americans were victims of identity theft. Therefore, it makes perfect sense to be concerned about giving out your personal information.
The more exposed your personal information is, the more likely you are to experience identity fraud. That is why you need to learn how to get auto insurance quickly without oversharing.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Getting Auto Insurance Quotes Anonymously
The company providing the quote largely determines the information you need to provide. Usually, most will ask you to give them need relevant details about you so they can look up your driving history and calculate your insurance rates.
The personal information that’s typically necessary includes:
- Social Security number
- Physical address
- Legal name
- License number
However, if you need multiple quotes for price comparisons, you will have to provide your personal information to various insurance companies, which raises your risk for identity fraud. Your goal should be to limit the number of people you share information about yourself with until you can settle on one insurance company.
The best way to minimize risk is to get a quick car insurance quote through an online insurance comparison tool. Typically, these tools tend to collate information from numerous insurance companies and analyze them depending on preset criteria to determine what best fits your financial needs. So, you can control the personal information you give and yet still get several quotes that save you as much as 20%.
However, what works for you may not work for someone else. For example, if you want the least expensive rate, you must factor in your location, which in turn determines available insurers to you and the basic minimum coverage required by your state.
Getting Car Insurance Quotes Online
Getting insurance quotes online requires several pieces of information, but you can give these details without necessarily overindulging your information.
Below are details you can provide to get the most accurate quotes possible while protecting your privacy:
- ZIP code. The average cost of car insurance varies by state. Some states charge a higher insurance premium than others. So, including your ZIP code will enable you to get more location-specific quotes.
- Vehicle age, model, and make. Your vehicle’s age, make, and model determine its value and repair costs. And that value will likely influence the insurance rates you have to pay. Also, some vehicle brands tend to be safer and fare better in accidents than others. That, too, affects how insurance companies will calculate premiums.
- Vehicle usage. The more you drive your car, the more likely you will get into an accident. At the same time, the mileage you accumulate affects the vehicle’s value. And these details help an insurance company figure out your annual rates.
- Coverage limits. Basic minimum coverage will attract lower premiums. Comprehensive insurance will cost you more, so your quotes will reflect the expected price ranges for your locale. Also, if you want to insure more than one vehicle, the insurance company is more likely to offer discounts. In addition, if you intend to cover more than one driver, your quote will have to cater to that variable.
- Personal status. Your age, gender, marital status, education level, career status, and credit score will also provide comparison tools with better insight into your driving behavior and enable them to create a more accurate risk profile. But these details will vary by state.
- Driving history. Any previous traffic offenses and severity of consequences will determine whether you get cheaper or more expensive car insurance quotes.
When you are able to gather accurate insurance quotes without providing much private information, you don’t have to necessarily worry about your personal details getting into the wrong hands.
Get a Quote With Minimal Personal Information
Most online insurance comparison sites will want to email you the quotes. If you do not want to give personal information, you can create a new email address and get a virtual phone number. With these pieces of information, you will be able to gather quotes from various companies. Here is a breakdown of average costs by insurance companies.
|Companies||Average Annual Auto Insurance Rates|
Get Your Rates Quote Now
You don’t have to provide sensitive personal information, but you need to define yourself correctly. However, the more details you provide, the more accurate your quotes are likely to be. Then you can compare them and choose the best one for your needs.